The CareSens N Voice has been developed to help people with visual impairments, such as retinopathy, to test their blood glucose more easily.
In addition to having a broad range of features, the meter also has a speaker which guides you through taking a test and reads out blood glucose results, averages and other parts of the meter’s menu and settings, such as dates and time.
The CareSens N Voice meets the 2013 ISO blood glucose meter accuracy standards
- Meter has talking functionality
- Reminders: 4 alarms (3 timed and 1 post meal)
- Hypo alert
- Meal markers
- Test strip release button
- Allows data transfer to computer
Data transfer can be performed by contacting Spirit Healthcare and requesting a data cable. The data management CareSens PC Care can be downloaded from the Spirit Healthcare website.
- Blood sample size: 0.5 microlitres
- Time to result: 5 seconds
- Memory: 500 results
- Averages: 1, 7, 14, 30 and 90 day averages given for pre-meal, post-meal and all results
- Batteries: Two alkaline AAA batteries
- Dimensions: 99 x 56 x 19 mm
- Weight: 70g
- Measurement range: 1.1 to 33.3 mmol/L
- Haematocrit range: 15 – 65%
- Temperature: 10 – 40°C (50 – 104°F)
- Relative humidity: 10 – 90%