This page will tell you about what happens when you have diabetes. Diabetes can even happen to animals like dogs and cats.
- Food powers our bodies. When we eat food it turns into glucose. This happens in our liver and gut. We use this glucose for energy.
- To make this happen, we use enzymes that come from our pancreas.
- Cells in the pancreas like little islands are called ‘islets’ and these make something called insulin.
- Our body uses insulin to move glucose from the cell walls, into our cells.
- Diabetes happens when there is not enough insulin to help the glucose turn into energy. This makes people feel sick.
- Diabetes can happen to small people, big people, and even dogs and cats!
Enzymes, Pancreas, Islets, Insulin
Fancy a Quick Game?
If you get tired of reading about diabetes, just have a rest by placing our Cowboy Game !
Once you’ve got an awesome high score, you can carry on reading!
Hey, it wouldn’t be a good Kids Section if we didn’t have games!
Everyone loves games!