B. Braun Omnitest 3
The Omnitest 3 from the well established German medical company Bbraun is a new entrant to the blood glucose meter market, launching in 2011.
The meter is ideal for people who wish to own a blood glucose monitor that is simple, quick and easy to use.
The Omnitest 3 passes the 2013 ISO blood glucose meter accuracy standards.
Omnitest 3 Features
Omnitest 3 requires minimal blood and is one of the fastest blood glucose monitoring systems available.
Omnitest 3 delivers a result with no coding, requires a tiny blood sample size of 0.3 microlitres and takes only 3 seconds to display a result.
User friendly navigation, a large LCD panorama display and rubber grips allow for easy reading and handling.
The memory can hold 500 results with a number of different markers to differentiate between results (pre-meal, post meal, after taking medication and control tests). There are also 5 customisable alarms which can assist with maintaining a steady treatment regime.
Other features of the meter include:
- Auto power on with strip insertion
- Auto off with strip ejection
- 5 alarms can be set
- Rubber grip for no slip on surfaces
- Pre/post meal and control solution marking function for better glucose analysis
Omnitest 3 Technical specifications
- Blood sample size: 0.3µl
- Time to result: 3 seconds
- Measurement range: 0.6 - 33.3 mmol/L
- Memory: 365 test results with date and time
- Averages: 3 independent average calculations from 1-99 days
- Batteries: Two CR2032, 3V lithium batteries (included)
- Battery life: Minimum 3,000 tests
- Dimensions: 83 x 56 x 18 mm
- Weight: 54g (including batteries)
- 20 – 60 % within 10 – 150 mg/dL (0.6 – 8.3 mmol/L)
- 30 – 55 % within 150 – 600 mg/dL (8.3 – 33.3 mmol/L)
- Temperature: 10 - 40°C (50 - 104°F)
- Humidity: 10 – 90%