The OneTouch Select Plus provides a good range of useful features for those looking to get their diabetes under better control.
The meter provides an indication of whether your results are in range or whether they’re too low or too high.
You can easily change the ranges within the settings if you wish.
The Select Plus meets all the criteria of the 2013 ISO standards for blood glucose meters.
- In range and high and low indicators
- Easy to view past results and a variety of averages
- Menus are easy to navigate with intuitive buttons
- Pre and post meal markers
- Sturdy meter and carrying case
The strips require quite a lot of blood by modern standards (1 microlitre) but, if you need to buy your own test strips, you should find that the strips are cheaper than the Verio test strips from Lifescan.
If you are looking for more features, consider the OneTouch Verio and OneTouch Verio IQ, which have colour screens, require a smaller blood sample and each has its own unique qualities.
- Blood sample size: 1.0 microlitres
- Time to result: 5 seconds
- Memory: 500 results
- Averages: 7, 14, 30 and 90 days – including pre meal, post meal and all results
- Dimensions: 101 x 43 x 16 mm
- Weight: Around 200 g
- Batteries: Two 3V CR2032 lithium batteries
- Measurement range: 1.1 to 33.3 mmol/L
- Hematocrit range: 30 to 55%
- Operating temperature: 10 to 44 °C
- Relative humidity: 10 – 90%
- Altitude: Up to 3,048 m (10,00 ft)