The SD Codefree blood glucose meter has become popular since early 2012 amongst people with diabetes who need to buy their own test strips on account of the test strips being relatively cheap.
The SD Codefree is produced by SD Biosensor Inc, a diagnostic company from South Korea.
The meter meets the 2013 ISO standards for blood glucose meter accuracy.
The SD Codefree features a large screen, the meter is easy to use and it has memory capacity to store up to 500 readings.
The test strips require a 0.9 microlitre sample of blood which is a relatively small droplet of blood.
Averages, markers and SD Codefree software
The meter provides 7, 14 and 30 day averages, allows you to include meal markers before taking readings and includes a warning if a low blood glucose result is recorded.
Readings can be transferred to computer to be analysed using SD Diabetes Management Software.
The software can be downloaded from the SD Biosensor website.
You will also need the SD Software Communication cable which can be requested directly from SD Biosensor.
What’s in the box?
The SD Codefree comprises:
- 1 x SD Codefree Blood Glucose Meter in mmol/L
- 1 x Adaptable Lancing Device offering 10 different comfort settings
- 10 x Blood Glucose Test Strips
- 10 x Lancets
- 1 x 3V Battery Type CR2032
- 1 x Carrying Case
- 1 x SD Check Strip
- Full instructions
- Self test diary
The case is sturdy and a blood glucose diary is included in addition to the meter manual and a quick start guide.
Small and efficient meter
The meter exceeds the international accuracy standards (ISO). The monitor is not currently compatible with computer software. However, it is certainly a small and efficient meter that’s great for use when out and about.
Use the SD CodeFree Meter with SD Diabetes Management Software to store your records on your computer.
The SD Codefree is available to buy from Home Health UK Ltd. Additional strips can be purchased in 10x, 50x and 100x.
SD Codefree technical information
- Blood sample size: 0.9 microliters
- Time for results: 5 seconds
- Memory: Around 500 test results
- Averages: 7, 14 and 30 days
- Batteries: One replaceable CR2032, 3 volt, lithium battery
- Battery life: Around 1,000 tests
- Dimensions: 95 x 47 x 18 mm
- Weight: 48g
- Measurement range: 0.6 to 33.3 mmol/L
- Haematocrit: 20 – 60%
- Temperature: 10°C to 45°C (50°F to 113°F)
- Relative humidity: 15 – 90%
- Altitude: 3,048 meters (10,000 feet)
- Temperature: 2°C to 32°C (36°F to 90°F)