The CareSens N POP offers a smaller meter than the CareSens N, whilst boasting a greater range of features, including a larger memory and a greater range of averages to view.
The meter has two buttons to select and scroll through results and features. The one disadvantage is that there is no back button so you can only scroll one way through results and averages.
The CareSens N POP meets the 2013 ISO standards for blood glucose meter accuracy achieving 99.5% of results within the accuracy primary accuracy guidelines.
CareSens N POP features
- Small and compact
- LCD backlit screen allows testing at night
- Pre- and post-meal markers for tests
- Reminders: 4 alarms (3 timed and 1 post meal)
- Hypoglycemia alert
- Allows data transfer to computer
Blood glucose result data can be transferred using a USB data available, on request, from Spirit Healthcare. Results can then be monitored by downloading the CareSens PC Care software from the CareSens website.
- Blood sample size: 0.5 microlitres
- Time to result: 5 seconds
- Memory: 1,000 results
- Averages: 1, 7, 14, 30 and 90 day averages given for pre-meal, post-meal and all results
Batteries: Two 3.0 V lithium CR2032
Battery Life: 1,000 tests
- Dimensions: 95 x 33 x 19 mm
- Weight: 41g
- Measurement range: 1.1 to 33.3 mmol/L
- Haematocrit range: 15 – 65%
- Temperature: 5 – 50°C
- Relative humidity: 10 – 90%