The mylife Unio is an attractive and very accurate blood glucose meter from Ypsomed.
As with other glucometers from Ypsomed, the test strip goes in sideways which means it can be removed without touching the part with blood on it.
The mylife Unio achieved excellent accuracy meeting the ISO 2013 accuracy standards for 100% of tests.
Ypsomed state that one of the key reasons behind the accuracy of the meter is that there is a width of just 2.5 mm between each of the electrodes on the test strips which minimises interference in obtaining an accurate result.
Features of the mylife Unio
- Side loading test strip
- Compact design
- 4 event markers
- USB connection for data upload (with mini-USB cable)
- Meets the most recent 2013 ISO standards for glucose meter accuracy
mylife AutoLance lancing device
The mylife Unio comes with the AutoLance lancing device which has 7 variable puncture depths, a safety button to prevent unintentional release of the lancet and automatic pressure control to give almost painless lancing.
Diabetes management software
The mylife Unio is compatible with the following diabetes management software:
- mylife Diabass
- Blood sample size: 0.7 microlitres
- Time to result: 5 seconds
- Memory: 1,000 results
- Averages: 1, 7 14, 30, 60 and 90 days
- Battery: Two CR2032 coin cell batteries
- Battery life: 600 tests
- Dimensions: 72 x 40 x 14 mm
- Weight: 45-55g
- Measurement range: 0.6–33.3 mmol/L
- Haematocrit: 10 – 70%
- Temperature: 6 – 44° C
- Humidity: Below 90% relative humidity