There are 2.5 million people in the UK, so you are sure to know someone who has diabetes and there are lots of way you can help.
- Helping your friends who have diabetes is very important. There are lots of ways you can help your friend who has diabetes.
- You shouldn’t share sweets and sugar without permissio, and make sure he or she eats healthy food regularly.
- You should keep quiet about it if he or she doesn’t want everyone to know. Your teacher will know.
- You should help him or her to play sport and exercise.
- You should understand that diabetes can make him or her seem quite grumpy.
- You should recognise the signs of high and low blood sugar.
New words to remember:
Helping friends, keeping quiet, helping sport, understanding, recognising
Fancy a Quick Game?
If you get tired of reading about diabetes, just have a rest by placing our Cowboy Game !
Once you’ve got an awesome high score, you can carry on reading!
Hey, it wouldn’t be a good Kids Section if we didn’t have games!
Everyone loves games!