Type 2 diabetes can happen at any age and is usually managed by eating the right foods and keeping active.
- Type 2 diabetes usually happens to older people, but some young people and children can develop type 2 diabetes.
- Type 2 diabetes happens when the body isn’t making enough insulin, or when insulin resistance has built up. This makes the insulin have a weaker effect on removing glucose from the blood.
- Type 2 diabetes can happen at any age, and it is just as serious as type 1 diabetes.
- Type 2 diabetes is managed by diet and exercise in some cases. This is called diabetes management.
- However, diabetes medication and insulin are used in more serious type 2 diabetes cases.
Type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance, diabetes management, diabetes medication