People often ask why they have diabetes. The truth is that the reason you develop diabetes is very complex and can be affected by your genes or lifestyle.
- No one knows why some children have type 1 diabetes, and some people do not.
- The reasons for developing diabetes are very complex, and even clever scientists in white coats don’t understand them yet.
- Type 1 diabetes happens partly because of your genes. Not your jeans! When these genes combine with an infection, diabetes can happen.
- Diabetes isn’t like colds and flu, you can’t catch it.
- Having diabetes is nobody’s fault.
Developing diabetes, genes, infection
Fancy a Quick Game?
If you get tired of reading about diabetes, just have a rest by placing our Cowboy Game !
Once you’ve got an awesome high score, you can carry on reading!
Hey, it wouldn’t be a good Kids Section if we didn’t have games!
Everyone loves games!