Bayer’s Contour XT is a versatile meter, offering next level accuracy, to help you to better manage your diabetes.
The Contour XT takes advantage of Bayer’s new Contour Next test strips and passes the 2013 ISO standards for glucose meter accuracy.
When blood is applied to the test strip, the Contour XT assesses the blood sample 7 times before producing the result, offering excellent accuracy within 5 seconds.
Contour Next test strips
The Bayer Contour XT uses Contour Next strips which require a very small sample of blood and offer next generation accuracy.
The Contour Next test strips were introduced in 2012 and are for exclusive use with the Bayer Contour XT meter.
Contour XT features
The Contour XT is an easy to use blood glucose monitor with a number of features to help with recording and reviewing your results:
- High and low target ranges which can be personalised
- Weekly summaries of high and low results
- A range of averages – over 7, 14 and 30 days
- Pre and post meal markers – to categorise your readings
- Post meal testing reminders
The Bayer Contour XT involves no coding of the strips to the meter, eliminating the chance of coding errors.
The meter stores 480 results in its memory which can be uploaded to your computer or laptop.
You can set the meter for two levels of readings.
Level 1 can be set for basic readings.
Level 2 allows you to view the full range of averages and to set and view readings categorised by pre and post meal markers.
Diabetes management software for the Contour XT
The Contour XT uses Bayer’s Glucofacts Deluxe diabetes management software, enabling you to analyse your results in detail.
Bayer compatability chart
As discussed above, the Contour XT takes Contour NEXT test strips.
Contour XT technical information
- Test sample: capillary, venous and arterial whole blood
- Blood calibration: Referenced to plasma/serum glucose
- Blood sample: 0.6 microlitres
- Test time: 5 seconds
- Weight: 47.5 grams
- Dimensions: 77mm x 57mm x 19mm
- Battery: 2x 3 volt lithium batteries, 225 mAh capacity (DL2032 or CR2032)
- Memory: 480 results
- Averages: 7, 14, 30 days
- Accuracy range: 0.6-33.3mmol/L
- Temperature range: 5-45 °C
- Humidity range: 10-93% RH
- Altitude: up to 6301 m
- Software: Bayer’s Glucofacts™ Deluxe diabetes management software