The Contour Link from Bayer and Medtronic is a blood glucose meter which wirelessly transmits blood test results to your Medtronic insulin pump.
The idea is to make insulin dosing easier.
The Contour Link has been superceded by the Contour NEXT Link which offers improved accuracy and a greater depth of useful features.
Smarter way to manage your diabetes
Bayer claim that the Contour Link is a simply smarter way to manage your diabetes.
Initially it might seem that you have to be pretty smart just to use it, but if you’re on an insulin pump you’ll still need to blood test.
If you’ve not yet experimented with your bolus wizard, maybe it’s time to go back to the manual and give it a go!.
It features wireless technology, requires only a small blood sample and can accommodate alternative site testing too.
Pre and post meal markers
It has pre-meal and post-meal markers which give you the ability to identify trends in your readings and it has a system of alarms that you can set to remind yourself to test at a certain time, such as 2 hours after a meal.
The Contour Link blood test machine is compatible with the Medtronic MiniMed Paradigm 512/712, 515/715, 522/722 insulin pumps.
If you are using one of these pumps and would like to find out more about a meter that can ‘talk’ to your pump, contact Medtronic Diabetes.
The Contour Link takes Bayer Contour test strips.
- Blood sample size: 0.6 microlitres
- Time to result: 5 seconds
- Measurement range: 0.6-33.3 mmol/L
- Memory: 480 test results
- Averages: 14 days
- Batteries: Two 3V CR2030 lithium batteries
- Battery life with ‘Send’ option off: Approximately 1,000 tests or 1 year of average use
- Battery life with ‘Send’ option on: Approximately 244 tests or 2 months of average use
- Dimensions: 77 x 57 x 23 mm
- Weight: 53g
- Operating temperature range: 5°–45°C
- Humidity: 10-93% relative humidity
- Altitude: Up to 3,353m