The GlucoRX Nexus blood glucose monitor is a pebble shaped blood glucose meter with a range of features and meets the 2013 ISO standards for blood glucose meter accuracy.
It features a large LCD screen with a backlight, making it easy to read at night or in low lighting.
The GlucoRX Nexus is the successor to the GlucoRx.
There is no coding required and only a 0.5μL blood volume and can accommodate Alternative Site Testing (AST). The count-down time from test to reading is 5 seconds.
Eject button for test strips
A handy little strip ejection button avoids the need for any contact with the used strip, and therefore no blood contact.
The meter result indicators include not just your blood test result but a ketone warning If your blood sugar reading is 15 mmol/L or higher, the Nexus alerts you that you may wish to test for ketones The meter allows up to 4 alarms to be programmed in to remind you to test.
The Nexus has just one main button. Whilst this simplifies basic testing, it can provide make reviewing results and averages more difficult than on meters with more than one button.
The meter’s memory can carry 1000 readings with day averages and can be downloaded via a USB connection to a PC. The meter displays a clock and calendar when on standby.
- Blood sample size: 0.5 µL
- Time for result: 5 seconds
- Measurement range: 1.1 – 33.3mmol/L
- Memory: 1,000 test results
- Averages: 7, 14, 21, 28, 60 and 90 days
- Batteries: Two 1.5v AAA batteries
- Dimensions: 96 x 61 x 26 mm
- Weight: 67g
- Temperature: 10° to 40°C
- Humidity: Below 85% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Temperature: -20° to 60°C
- Humidity: Below 95% relative humidity, non-condensing