The LifeScan OneTouch UltraSmart is a meter and electronic logbook. The meter works by providing more information to help people with diabetes manage their condition.
The OneTouch UltraSmart Meter is the first combination blood glucose meter and logbook, providing an easier way to understand blood glucose results.
The UltraSmart has been exceeded by more recent meters, the OneTouch Verio and OneTouch Verio IQ, in terms of accuracy and size of blood sample needed.
Track exercise, health and diet
More than just a blood glucose meter, the OneTouch UltraSmart includes options to track exercise, health, diet and medication to better understand how they influence diabetes.
As well as accurate, simple meter functionality, the OneTouch Ultra Smart provides other options to help with diabetes management.
Charts and graphs
Press the OneTouch UltraSmart’s FastFacts button and the meter will display entries in charts and graphs to allow the patient to track trends and patterns.
Lifescan claims that this is ‘more than a meter’, and indeed this little gizmo can do a lot. With an easy to use set of buttons and a scrolling menu, the OneTouch UltraSmart Meter lets you input information that may affect your control, such as exercise (doing something or doing nothing), health (if you’re under the weather or top of your game), medication (units of insulin or pills) and food (carbs and fat content).
Without needing to download the results, you use the meter itself to see your data in the form of a simple logbook or charts and graphs that allow you to see trends and patterns over time.
You’ll get the kind of information your healthcare team might talk to you about in terms of understanding, measuring and managing your diabetes – making you a well informed boss of your own condition.
In the OneTouch UltraSmart box
In the box, you’ll find:
- OneTouch UltraSmart Meter
- 10 OneTouch Ultra Test Strips
- OneTouch UltraSoft Blood Sampler
- OneTouch® UltraClear® Cap
- OneTouch® UltraSoft® Sterile Lancets
- Owner’s Booklet / Quick Reference Guide / Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Registration Card
- Two AAA alkaline batteries (installed)
- Blood sample size: 1 microlitre
- Time for result: 5 seconds
- Memory: Over 3,000 test records
- Averages: 7, 14, 30, 60 and 90 days
- Battery: Two AAA alkaline batteries
- Dimensions: 94 x 58 x 21 mm
- Weight: 79g including batteries
- Measurement range: 1.1 to 33.3 mmol/L
- Haematocrit: 30 – 55%
- Temperature: 6° – 44°C (43 – 111°F)
- Relative humidity: 10 – 90%