Lifescan’s established OneTouch range included the One Touch VITA early in 2009 and was revised later in the year to accommodate user feedback.
The blood glucose monitor can help users link the effects of food to a person’s blood glucose level.
Aimed at people with type 2 diabetes
It’s one of the first machines to be aimed at type 2 diabetics on insulin.
The monitor can analyze glucose levels from a 1 microlitre drop of blood taken from a finger, forearm or palm clearly displaying the result, storing the reading in its memory for future use.
It’s also pre-coded, which means no calibration codes or solutions are needed, adding to the convenience.
This blood test machine features MealMemory technology, which records 7, 14, and 30-day blood glucose averages.
It can help people with diabetes to see the impact that their diet has on their short, medium and long-term mean blood glucose levels and can reveal how food choices can affect their blood glucose levels.
This knowledge can be invaluable to people gaining greater control of their diabetes.
LifeScan OneTouch Vita Technical Information
- Blood sample size: 1.0 microlitres
- Time for result: 5 seconds
- Memory: 500 results
- Averages: 7, 14 and 30 days
- Battery: One 3.0 Volt CR 2032 lithium battery or equivalent
- Dimensions: 95 x 65 x 25 mm
- Weight: Approximately 60g (including battery)
- Measurement range: 1.1 to 33.3 mmol/L
- Haematocrit: 30–55%
- Temperature: 10–44°C
- Relative humidity: 10–90%
- Altitude: up to 3048 meters (10,000 feet)