The OneTouch Verio IQ blood glucose meter spots patterns of high and low results, helping people who self-adjust their own insulin doses to make informed decisions.
The Verio IQ’s colour screen and a clea, white finish give the meter a modern look to match its smart technology.
The meter exceeds the 2013 ISO blood glucose meter accuracy standards with over 99% of results falling within the accuracy boundaries.
High and low patterns
A main feature of the OneTouch Verio IQ is that it notifies you of high and low patterns in your results which is very handy for anyone who self adjusts their own insulin.
Say you have had a couple of low blood sugar levels before breakfast on 2 out of the last 3 days, the Verio IQ will actually give you a ‘heads up’ and let you know.
This allows you to take note and make any appropriate changes to your carbohydrate or insulin to help prevent another morning low reading taking place.
Key features of the OneTouch Verio IQ
- High and low patterns
- Meter lights up when a test strip is inserted
- Colour screen
- Easy to navigate menus
- Memory stores 750 test results
- Easy meal tagging
- No batteries needed – charge from a computer, laptop or power socket
- Very small blood sample needed – 0.4 microlitres
Testing in the dark is made much easier as when a test strip is inserted, the Verio IQ lights up its screen and the test strip.
As well as boasting a 750 result memory, the Verio IQ provides averages over 7, 14, 30 and 90 days. What’s more, the meter shows you how often you had high and low results before meals across each of these time periods.
The Verio IQ provides very accurate results because each blood sample is analysed 500 times before a result is produced and the meter compensates for interfering factors, such as vitamin C and pain relievers.
The Verio IQ battery can be recharged and will last for an expected 1 to 2 weeks between each recharging.
OneTouch Verio Gold Test Strip
The OneTouch Verio test strips stand out amongst other test strips thanks to their gold colour, but they also have a range of other advantages.
The test strips require a very small blood sample of just 0.4 microlitres and blood can be applied to either the left or right side of the test strip, which makes it easier to apply blood from fingers on either hand.
Verio IQ specifications and technical information
- Blood sample size: 0.4 microlitres
- Time for result: 5 seconds
- Memory: 750 test records
- Averages: 7, 14, 30 and 90 days
- Battery: Rechargeable 3.7 Volt lithium polymer battery
- Battery life: 1 to 2 weeks in between charges
- Charging current: 100mA, direct current
- Charging temperature: 0° – 50°C
- Dimensions: 88 x 47 x 12 mm
- Weight: 47g
- Measurement range: 1.1 to 33.3 mmol/L
- Haematocrit: 20 – 60%
- Temperature: 6° – 44°C (43 – 111°F)
- Relative humidity: 10 – 90%
- Altitude: Up to 3,048 m