The MyStar Extra blood glucose meter from Sanofi brings a unique feature in that it is able to provide an HbA1c estimate which is useful for keeping track of your long term blood glucose control between having your clinical HbA1c tests.
The meter also indicates your 3 day fasting trend and complies with the 2013 ISO standards for blood glucose meter accuracy.
The features provided by the MyStar Extra make it a good choice, in particular, for people with type 2 diabetes on insulin.
The HbA1c estimate on the MyStar Extra uses meal markers as well as how closely tests were taken together to provide an even more accurate estimate of HbA1c than you would get from converting an average on your meter to an HbA1c level
Whilst the HbA1c estimate is not intended to replace the test you get from your clinic, it can be a helpful motivation tool between getting your actual HbA1c results.
The MyStar Extra also provides a 3 day fasting trend indicator that will show whether your fasting blood glucose levels are rising or decreasing.
To determine this, the meter compares your fasting results over the past 3 days with the previous 7 days.
For people with type 2 diabetes on basal insulin, the fasting trends can be used to help assess whether insulin needs adjusting It can also be used to assess whether other aspects of therapy, such as diet and exercise are leading to improvements in your fasting blood glucose levels.
- Large numbers for easy to read results
- Intuitive icons on the screen
- Automatic backlit screen
- Large memory
- Mealtime and fasting markers
- Blood sample size: 0.5 microlitre
- Time for result: 5 seconds
- Memory: 1,865 results
- Averages: 3, 7 and 30 days
- Batteries: Two replaceable CR2032, 3V lithium batteries
- Dimensions: 90 x 51 x 17 mm
- Weight: 49g
- Measurement range: 1.1-33.3 mmol/L
- Haematocrit: 20-60%
Operating range (for meter and test strips):
- Temperature: 10° – 40°C (50° – 104°F)
- Relative humidity: 25-90% (Non-condensing)
- Altitude: 3094 metres (10,000 feet)