The FreeStyle Navigator II is the successor to Abbott’s FreeStyle Navigator CGM.
The FreeStyle Navigator II features a transmitter (the part you wear on the skin) that is just over 3 by 3 cm and 1 cm deep.
The receiver, which displays the glucose levels, includes a colour screen and range of additional features and alarms to help you monitor your glucose levels.
- Colour screen receiver
- 30m transmission range
- New result every minute
- Trend arrows – showing whether levels are stable, falling/rising or rapidly falling/rising
- Customisable target range
- 5 day sensor life
Sensors for the FreeStyle Navigator II are less expensive than the sensors for Abbott’s FreeStyle Libre flash monitoring system, however, each sensor lasts 5 days compared to the 14 day usage available from the FreeStyle Libre sensors.
The sensor insertion device allows the sensors to be added to areas, such as the back of the arm.
Calibration should be performed at 1, 2, 10, 24 and 72 hours after sensor insertion to ensure accuracy and functionality. The FreeStyle Navigator II will alert you when a calibration test is required.
Data can be transferred onto a PC via mini USB cable.
However, at time of writing, Abbott’s FreeStyle CoPilot software is not as yet compatible with computer running Windows 8 or Mac operating systems.
- Measurement range: 1.1 to 27.8 mmol/l
- Sensor life: Up to 5 days
- Operating temperature of sensor: 25°to 40° C
- Size: 32 x 31 x 11 mm
- Weight: ? (including battery)
- Batteries: One lithium CR2032 coin cell battery
- Battery life: Up to 1 year of normal use
- Wireless range: Up to 3 m
- Waterproof: IPX7 Suitable for water use up to 45 minutes in a depth of 1 m
- Size: 96 x 61 x 16 mm
- Weight: ? (with 2 AAA batteries)
- Data memory: 60 days of normal use
- Batteries: One rechargeable 4.1 V lithium-ion battery
- Battery life: Up to 3 days of normal use
- Test strips: FreeStyle Lite
- Hematocrit: 15 to 65%
- Humidity range: 10% to 93% (non-condensing)
System operating and storage conditions
- Operating temperature: 4°to 40° C
- Storage temperature of system: -10°to 45° C
- Storage temperature of sensor: 3°to 30° C
- Storage temperature of test strips: 4°to 30° C
- Storage temperature of control solution: 2°to 30° C
- Operating and storage altitude: Sea level to 3,048 m