You may have heard the word diabetes before. This page explains what diabetes is and how food, insulin and glucose are all related.
- Diabetes is linked to digesting food, especially something called carbohydrates
- When food is digested, something called glucose goes into your blood. Blood is the red stuff that comes out when you cut yourself, and it powers the whole body.
- A type of hormone called Insulin is then released to absorb the leftover glucose.
- If you have type 1 diabetes, your body doesn’t produce insulin
- If you have type 2 diabetes, your body doesn’t produce enough insulin
- Diabetes is a very common condition that affects millions of people
- Learning about how to manage diabetes is the key to being healthy, fit and strong
Glucose, Insuli, type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes
Fancy a Quick Game?
If you get tired of reading about diabetes, just have a rest by placing our Cowboy Game !
Once you’ve got an awesome high score, you can carry on reading!
Hey, it wouldn’t be a good Kids Section if we didn’t have games!
Everyone loves games!