Looking for recipes? Browse over 3,000 delicious diabetes recipes.
- Low-fat cooking spray
- 1 1/4 lb scallops, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 8 cups of baby spinach without stems, washed and dried
- 1 large apple (Granny Smith), cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of toasted, slivered almonds
- Ground black pepper
Lightly coat a pan with the cooking spray, and broil the scallops. Turn once until opaque. This should take around 5 minutes. Mix the oil, the water, the lemon juice and the mustard.
Put the spinach in a bowl with the apples and almonds. Add the dressing and season with the pepper. Divide into 4 plates and add the scallops.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
- 258 calories (36% calories from fat),
- 27g protein,
- 10g total fat (1.2 g saturated fat),
- 15g carbohydrates,
- 4g dietary fibre,
- 47mg cholesterol
- 4 Very Lean Protein
- 1 Carbohydrate (1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable)
- 1 Fat.