People with diabetes can experience a variety of pitfalls most days, which could be due to blood sugar, diet or general mood. But every so often a timely boost will come along that makes a big difference. It might even make you want to high five yourself.
The Diabetes Forum is home to a number of Success Stories and Testimonials, and diabetes management victories – no matter how small – can be imperative in keeping you motivated to be as healthy and happy as possible.
7. Gambling with a low-carb salad that turns out to be smashing
6. Thinking you’ve run out of test strips, until you find another box stashed in the cupboard
5. Expecting a high blood test reading, but it’s great
4. When your doctor tells you: “Congrats, your low-carb diet really seems to be working!”
3. You’ve reduced your HbA1c
2. When the price of your favourite hypo treatment is reduced
1. You’re told you no longer need to treat your type 2 diabetes with medication
What moment relating to your diabetes management most recently made you want to high five yourself? Share your story in the comments section below.