A lot goes through anyone’s mind during day-to-day life… for example, “what do I need to do at work today?”, “I need to remember to arrange a doctor’s appointment” and even “what should I plan for this weekend?”. For someone with type 1 diabetes, on top of all of these thoughts, they need to remember many other things throughout their day.
How many of these 15 ‘type 1 diabetes’ general thoughts have you had already today?
1. “I wonder what number will appear on my meter this morning…”
2. “A good reading… how long will this last for?”
3. “I hope this breakfast doesn’t ruin the good streak of blood glucose readings I’ve been having”
4. “How many carbs did I just eat and how much insulin do I give now?”
6. “What is this horrible feeling in my head and why do I feel so sick?”
7. “Ah… a high blood glucose reading, how typical”
8. “Wow, now I’m feeling good… what a great day”
12. “Aaaand relax”
13. “Meal time again which means more carb counting… yay”
14. “Must remember to grab a new box of test strips for tomorrow”
15. “What an eventful day… one last test and then time for bed”