The Contour NEXT blood glucose meter is designed to help diabetes patients get a clearer picture of their blood glucose control.
The meter meets the 2013 ISO standards for blood glucose meter accuracy.
The Contour NEXT is part of the CONTOUR NEXT range of blood glucose meters that includes the updated Contour NEXT USB.
Quick to set up, the Contour NEXT is easy to use.
One of the main appealing features for people using the Contour NEXT is that it allows reapplication of blood to the same test strip.
Bayer Contour NEXT features
- A reversible screen contrast to best suit individual needs,
- A Second-Chance system allows users to apply more blood to the same test strip if needed to avoid wasting test strips and extra finger pricking
- Easy to use tracking system highlights trends in blood glucose pre-meal, post-meal and when fasting
- View 7, 14, 30 or 90 day averages for a long term view of your diabetes management
- Store up to 3 months of your results, which is perfect if you need to maintain a record for the DVLA
- The logbook can hold up to 800 results
- Never miss a test using the in-built alarm system that can remind users to test
- MultiPulse technology evaluates each sample multiple times in 7 pulses for exceptionally accurate results – advanced accuracy may help you better manage your diabetes
- Downloadable software to link the meter with a computer.
Please note: Micro USB cable not included.
The Bayer Contour Next blood glucose meter uses Contour NEXT test strips :
- No coding technology saves time with fewer steps, and eliminates possible mistakes from miscoding
- Unaffected by many common interfering substances
- Blood sample size: 0.6 microlitres
- Time to result: 5 seconds
- Measurement range: 0.6 – 33.3 mmol/L
- Memory: 800 test results
- Averages: 7, 14, 30 and 90 days
- Batteries: Two 3-volt lithium (CR2032) batteries
- Battery life: Approximately 1,000 tests or 1 year of average use
- Dimensions: 80 x 53 x 13 mm
- Weight: 45g
- Meter life: 5 years
- Temperature: 5°–45°C
- Humidity: 10-93% relative humidity