The Abbott Freestyle Lite is a stylish, discreet blood glucose meter that helps people with diabetes to manage their condition.
Abbott’s updated FreeStyle Lite blood test meter is an easy-to-use machine with no coding required.
It’s one of the meters that gets called a micro meter or a mini meter.
Very, very small
It’s teeny-tiny, it neatly fits into the palm of the hand of even a child. Its screen is not commensurately small and gives quite large format figures.
Results in 5 seconds
Another aspect of its easy-to-use ethos is that fact that it’s fast (just 5 seconds to give you your test result) and only needs a tiny, 0.3 microlitre, blood sample, which allows you to test with a shallower depth setting on your lancing device.
It’s also fine to use with alternative site testing.
Design features include the hole you put the test strip in is helpfully signposted with a dash of yellow so it’s easy to get the strip into the right place, furthermore a rubber surface means the FreeStyle Lite is also literally easy to get to grips with.
With no coding required, diabetics can use the FreeStyle Lite test strip to get a fast, accurate blood glucose result. The FreeStyle Lite test strip is compatible with both the FreeStyle Lite and FreeStyle Freedom Lite meter.
Freestyle Lite Features
The Abbott FreeStyle Lite includes larger numbers, making the display easier to read and rubber grips make it easier to hold.
As well as returning a blood glucose result, the Freestyle Lite can return 7, 14 and 30-day averages with storage for 400 test results.
- No coding required
- FreeStyle Lite test strip that is compatible with the FreeStyle Lite and FreeStyle Freedom Lite meter
- Large reading in a small, discreet meter
- 7, 14 and 30 day averages with 400 results in meter memory
- Yellow strip port so patients can readily see where to insert the test strip
- Rubber grip for no slipping on surfaces
- Upload data to Abbott’s FreeStyle Auto-Assist Software for analysis
- Blood sample size: 0.3 microlitres
- Memory: 400 results
- Battery: One CR 2032, 3V lithium battery
- Battery life: 500 tests
- Dimensions: 40 x 74 x 17 mm
- Weight: 28-31g (including battery)
- Measurement range: 1.1 to 27.8 mmol/L
- Haematocrit: 15% to 65%
- Operating temperature: 4° to 40° C
- Humidity: 5% to 90% (non-condensing)
- Storage temperature: –20° to 60° C