The Accu-Chek Compact Plus is a blood glucose meter that offers greater ease of testing for people who need to perform blood glucose tests when out and about.
The meter requires a relatively large drop of blood by modern standards. For a meter that requires a smaller quantity of blood consider the Accu-Chek Mobile.
The key features of the Accu-Chek Compact Plus are those that allow the meter to be used more easily when out and about.
Whilst many meters are difficult to use without having a free flat surface, the features of the Compact Plus mean that you can perform a test even when a flat surface is not available.
17 strips per drum
The meter contains a drum of 17 test strips which means that a test strip appears at the press of a button. This eliminates the need for removing test strips from a vial, which can be awkward in situations such as when out shopping or otherwise needing to stand to do a test.
Additionally, the Compact Plus has a lancing device, the Accu-Chek Softclix, attached to the side of the meter that can therefore be used without needing to put the meter down to prick your finger.
The Accu-Chek Softclix has 11 depth settings and can also be detached from the meter when preferred.
- Blood sample size: 1.5 microlitres
- Time to result: 5 seconds
- Memory: 500 test results
- Averages: 7, 14 and 30 days
- Dimensions: 125 x 64 x 32 mm (including lancing device)
- Weight: 147g (including batteries, test strip drum and lancing device)
- Measurement range: 0.6 – 33.3 mmol/L
- Haematocrit Range: 25% to 65%
- Temperature: 10 to 40°C
- Relative Humidity: 20% to 85% relative humidity
- Without batteries and test strips: -25 to 70°C
- With batteries and test strips: 2 to 30°C
- With batteries but without test strips: -10 to 50°C