The KEYA Smart is a meter with a difference; each time it takes a glucose test it gives a ketone reading as well.
This has a number of advantages for people that need to test for ketones, such as people on insulin.
In addition to this unique feature, the KEYA Smart has a colour touchscreen, that allows you to view a number of different trends and includes colour in range indicators.
Glucose and ketones from one test
Ketone readings are colour coded to make it easier to know when to take action in responding to raised ketone levels.
By testing in this way, it saves needing to take separate tests for ketone readings and it gives you the chance to be aware of rising ketones at the earliest stage which can improve your chances of avoiding dangerous ketoacidosis.
The meter also removes the need for you to request ketone strips separately from your GP, this means you don’t need to ration ketone strips and you don’t need to feel indecisive over whether to test for ketones.
The KEYA Smart provides the following features:
- Blood glucose and ketone readings from each test
- Colour touchscreen
- View glucose and ketone trends through a number of filters
- Meal markers and activity tags
- Rechargeable battery
- Test strip pot designed to make strips easier to remove
- Results downloadable
KEYA Smart technical specifications
- Blood sample size: 0.5 microlitres
- Time for result: 5 seconds
- Memory: 1,200 test records each for glucose and ketones
- Averages: 7, 14, 30 and 90 days
- Battery: Rechargeable
- Charging current: 1A, 5V direct current
- Dimensions: 105 x 58 x 14 mm
- Weight: 95g
- Measurement range: 1.1 to 33.3 mmol/L
- Haematocrit: 20 – 60%
- Meter life: 5 years
- Temperature: 10° – 40°C (50 – 104°F)
- Relative humidity: 10 – 90%
- Altitude: Up to 3,048 m (10,000 ft)