The GlucoMen Areo is the first meter from Menarini to allow blood glucose data to be sent wirelessly from the meter to a mobile device or tablet.
The meter is compact and includes a good variety of useful features to help you achieve blood glucose control.
The GlucoMen Areo passed the 2013 ISO standards for blood glucose meter accuracy with 100% of results reaching the accuracy guidelines.
Features of the GlucoMen Areo
- Wirelessly connects with Apple and Android phones
- Meal markers
- Hypo and hyper alerts
- Backlit display and test strip port for testing in the dark
- Test strip ejection
- Supports alternate site testing
Software and mobile apps
The GlucoMen Areo can connect wirelessly with certain Apple and Android devices wirelessly either by Bluetooth or by using QuickLink contactless download which allows you to transfer data simply by holding the Areo meter back to back with the mobile device or tablet.
Analysis can be carried out using one of the following:
- GlucoLog Lite App (tablet and mobiles)
- GlucoLog Mobile App (tablet and mobiles)
- GlucoLog Software (PCs)
Data transfer via USB cable, which is available to order free of charge from Menarini, is also possible.
- Blood sample size: 0.5 microlitres
- Time for result: 5 Seconds
- Memory: 730 results
- Averages: 1, 7, 14, 30, 60 and 90 days
- Measurement range: 1.1 – 33.3 mmol/L
- Haematocrit range: 10 – 70%
- Batteries: Two 3V Lithium Batteries
- Dimensions: 86 x 56 x 18 mm
- Weight: 46g without batteries
- Connectivity: QuickLink NFC, BlueTooth and dedicated USB cable
- Temperature: 5 – 45 °C (41 – 113 °F)
- Humidity: 20 – 90% (no dew condensation)
- Temperature: -20 – 50°C (-4 – 122 °F)
- Humidity: 20 – 90%