Type 1 diabetes needs to be managed with treatment. This guide talk abouts what will happen and how your family can help.
- Children with type 1 diabetes need treatment for their whole life.
- Learning about diabetes treatment will happen with a doctor or in a hospital.
- Everyone in the family needs to learn about type 1 diabetes.
- When your brother or sister or friend has diabetes you can learn about diabetes as well, and help them to understand it.
- When a child is diagnosed with diabetes, the family need to learn:
- What diabetes is
- How to test blood sugar levels
- How to give insulin injections
- How to exercise regularly
- How to deal with diabetes
- How to understand when blood glucose gets too high
- How to understand when blood glucose gets too low
- How to make blood glucose lower or higher
Treatment, diagnosed with diabetes, test, deal with diabetes