Looking for recipes? Browse over 3,000 delicious diabetes recipes.
- 1 cup of egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons of low-fat butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup of onions, diced into small pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds of lean and ground beef
- 1 pound of mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup of water
- 2 egg yolks, separated from whites
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of cooking sherry
Cover the egg noodles with boiling water until ready, then drain but keep water. Whilst the noodles are underway, melt the butter into a frying pan and add the onions. Sauté for approximately five minutes before adding the beef, the noodles and the mushrooms. Cook on a high heat for a further five minutes whilst stirring. Add the water, lower temperature and cook for a further five minutes.
Mix the egg yolks with the lemon juice and the sherry and add some of the water from the noodle-pan. Heat the mixture on a skillet, add to the noodles and serve immediately.
Nutritional information (per serving)
264 Calories, 14.5g Sodium, 185 mg Fat, 11.7g, 9.8g Carbohydrates
- 3/4 Bread/Starch,
- 2-1/2 Medium-Fat Meat