Adopting a low-carbohydrate diet can have numerous benefits for people with diabetes, including weight loss and better control of blood glucose levels.
However, a low-carb diet can have its bumpy moments. Meticulous management is required, and reducing your intake of processed foods and takeaways is important to ensure the fat you eat – which can replace the carbs you lose – comes from natural sources.
The 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan is among the cookbooks that can help diversify your diet, but ensuring you eat tasty low-carb food all the time can be tricky, especially if time is against you.
Here are some of the moments that can prove problematic for people on a low-carb diet.
1. When a stressful day leads to massive carb consumption
2. When you feel consistently irritated by everyone and everything during the transition period
3. When your nurse refuses to acknowledge that your newfound health came from eating fat
4. …..and then tells you to eat grains and low-fat
5. When you’re out and can’t find any low-carb snacks
6. When your blood glucose levels are high, despite having stuck to your low-carb diet
7. When a family member or friend cooks for you and still gives you carbs, despite you telling them about your diet
8. When you haven’t lost any weight despite following your plan perfectly
9. When you can’t find the full-fat yoghurt in the supermarket
If you liked this blog post, you might be interested in the following products:
- 30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan: Check out 90 delicious low-carb recipes
- Reverse Your Diabetes: The Step-by-Step Plan to Take Control of Type 2 Diabetes by Dr David Cavan: A step-by-step lifestyle plan to take control of type 2 diabetes and even reverse it. Written by diabetes expert Dr David Cavan and based on the latest clinical research and trials, it tackles the myths and misinformation that surround diabetes and explains what to do to turn your health around. Dr David Cavan is Consultant Physician at the Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospital and co-founder of the Diabetes Education Network. Read 123 Amazon reviews
- Carbs & Cals: Understand how the calorie and nutrient content of food and drink is essential for diabetes management, weight loss and healthy eating