Looking for recipes? Browse over 3,000 delicious diabetes recipes.
- 3 slices of white bread (bread should be very slightly stale, approximately one day old) cut into cubes
- ½ cup of raisins
- 2 eggs, mildly beaten
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ tablespoon of salt
- 2 cups of skimmed and fat-free milk
Preheat oven (350 degrees). Prepare steep-sided non-stick baking dish. Mix cubed bread and raisins in the baking dish. Combine all other ingredients and evenly spread the mix over the bread and raisins. Stir all ingredients together.
Place the baking dish on top of a shallow pan half-filled with water, creating a bath in which the pudding will slowly cook.
Cook the pudding for between 45 and 55 minutes, then serve warm or cold.
Nutrition information (per serving)
- 139 calories,
- 21 calories from fat,
- 2g fat,
- saturated fat 1g,
- cholesterol 72mg,
- sodium 229mg,
- carbohydrate 24g,
- dietary fibre 1g,
- sugars 16g,
- protein 6g.
- 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate,
- 1/2 Fat