Looking for recipes? Browse over 3,000 delicious diabetes recipes.
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup of honey-crunch wheat germ
- 1/2 cup of oats, uncooked
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of salt
- 1/4 tablespoon of baking soda
- 10 tablespoon of light corn oil spread/1-1/2
- 1 1/2 cup of mashed bananas
- 6 oz can of frozen apple-juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup egg substitute, thawed
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 9″x5″ loaf pan. In large bowl, mix first 7 ingredients. With a pastry blender, cut in the corn-oil spread until mixture becomes crumby. Stir in the bananas and the undiluted apple-juice concentrate, egg substitute, walnuts, and vanilla. Spoon the batter into the pan.
Bake 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centre of the bread comes out clean. Cool the bread for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutritional information (per serving)
- 180 Calories,
- 5g fat,
- 0mg Cholesterol,
- 135mg Sodium
- 1 starch,
- 1 fruit,
- 1 fat