Looking for recipes? Browse over 3,000 delicious diabetes recipes.
- 1 pound of asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 1 cup of low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of minced fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried tarragon
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
Put the asparagus in a dish with a small amount of water, cover, and microwave for approximately 5 to 7 minutes. Cut the cooked asparagus into mouthful-sized pieces, cover, and refrigerate.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (apart from the cherry tomatoes), cover, and refrigerate for at least an hour. Just prior to serving the food, toss the chilled asparagus with the yogurt sauce and fold in the cherry tomato halves.
Nutrition information (per serving)
- 80 Calories,
- 10g Carbohydrate,
- 7g Protei,
- 2g Fat,
- <1g Saturated fat,
- 75mg Sodium,
- 2g Fibre,
- 127mg Calcium
- 2 Vegetable,
- 1 Lean Meat