The best slimming club for you will depend on your own personality and which programme suits you.
We’ve taken a look at some of the main contenders and picked out some of the features that make each club stand out.
The WeightWatchers plan is based around a points system. The food you eat is assigned a number of points and you have a weekly budget of points you can eat up to.
- Find out more on the WeightWatchers website
Under the Pro Points system, extra points can be earned by doing activity.
The WeightWatchers plan offers
- An introduction to the points plan and how it works
- Weekly one hour meetings
- WeightWatchers leaders who have themselves lost weight on the programme
- WeightWatchers online slimming club
WeightWatchers has 6,000 meeting places to choose from.
WeightWatchers also provide their own range of meals available in supermarkets.
The Slimming World philosophy is that you should feel good about your mission to lose weight. Slimming World meetings pride themselves on being friendly, approachable and encouraging.
At Slimming World you get:
- Eating and recipes plans
- Weekly Slimming World group meetings
- Image therapy – which helps motivation
- Slimming World online option
The Rosemary Conley programme tends to be more prescriptive than WeightWatchers and Slimming World, which may suit some people better than others.
The Rosemary Conley slimming programme offers:
- Weekly slimming exercise classes
- Weekly eating plans and diet advice
- A range of diet food packages
- Rosemary Conley online slimming club
Classes run up and down the country and most should be able to find a class within a few miles.
Online slimming clubs
A number of the slimming clubs provide an online slimming facility.
Online slimming clubs present an option for those who may not be able to attend regular meetings or classes.
This may be a good option for those who are working during meeting times, don’t have a class close enough or if arranging childcare is difficult.
Online slimming clubs include:
- WeightWatchers – popular UK slimming club.
- Dukan Diet who provide their own club.
- Sainsbury’s Diet is from Sainsbury’s and is their own slimming club
Online slimming allows you to pick up the tips you need as well as checking in with other online slimming members, which can be very beneficial for movitation.
There are also iPhone and Android apps that allow you to be part of a virtual slimming club.
You are able to log your food, much like a food diary, along with exercise, measurements and your daily or weekly weight in values.
Online slimming has been shown to be successful.